Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.If you are below 16 you must stop using our website unless you have our express written consent to use it.
Name and title of Privacy Manager: Eleanor McCarthy Marketing Manager
Email address: Eleanor@betterallround.com
Postal address: Northwood Consuma Tissue Ltd, Hurlingham Business Park, Fulbeck Heath, Grantham, Lincolnshire, England, NG32 3HL
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
· Identity & Contact Dataincludes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, job title and employer, billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number.
· Financial Dataincludes bank account and payment card details.
· Transaction Dataincludes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
· Technical Dataincludes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
· Profile Data includesyour username and password, history of purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
· Usage Dataincludes information about how you use our website, products and services.
· Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Dataabout you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
· Direct interactions.You may give us your Identity & Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including face-to-face contact. This includes personal data you provide when you:
· apply for our products or services;
· create an account on our website;
· subscribe to our service or publications;
· request marketing to be sent to you;
· enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
· give us some feedback.
· Third parties or publicly available sources.We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
· Technical Data from the following parties:
· Identity & Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
· Identity & Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators.
· Identity & Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register.
· Identity & Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from sales websites/platforms through whom we sell.
· Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
· Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
· Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan (or may in the future plan) to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact usif you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new customer or supplier||(a) Identity & Contact||Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver your/our order including:(a) Manage payments, fees and charges(b) Collect and recover money owed to us or goods/services to be received by us (as applicable)||(a) Identity & Contact(b) Financial (c) Transaction (d) Marketing and Communications||(a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (including to recover debts due to us and to manage transactions in which we are a party)|
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey||(a) Identity & Contact (b) Profile (c) Usage (d) Marketing and Communications||(a) Performance of a contract with you (b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers and suppliers interact with us, to develop our products and grow our business)|
|To administer and protect our business and our website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||(a) Identity & Contact(b) Technical||(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||(a) Identity & Contact (b) Profile (c) Usage (d) Marketing and Communications (e) Technical||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers and suppliers interact with us, to develop our products, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, relationships and experiences||(a) Technical (b) Usage||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity & Contact(b) Usage (c) Marketing and Communications||Consent|
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. It is entirely your choice whether you consent to us providing you with direct electronic marketing – we will only do so where you have given us your consent to do so.
We may use your personal data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have opted in to receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
· We are part of a corporate group, in whom the trading entities are Northwood Consuma Tissue Limited and Better All Round Group Limited. We may where appropriate exchange data between those two UK based companies as part of our service provision.
· External Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
· We may transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
· Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
· Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We keep most personal data for a period of 7 years after last use. If you would like further details about retention periods for specific types or categories of personal data, please contact us.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
You will not usually have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Legitimate Interestmeans the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us
Performance of Contractmeans processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
· Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
· Suppliers of good and services comprising part of or being ancillary to our provision to you.
· Delivery contractors in respect of products to be delivered to you.
· Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
· HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities.
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.